Systems Support Specialist
Closes On: June 10, 2022 at 05:00 PM EST
Department: Information Systems
Job Status: Full-Time
Shift: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay: $15.68 - $20.08
Definition of Class
Performs a variety of complex technical skills in the development, installation and maintenance of office computer systems. Working in close coordination with administrative personnel, the incumbent develops techniques for applying data processing equipment to work processes being performed by various departments. Although special projects may be assigned from time to time by the Assistant City Manager, this position works under the general direction of the Information Systems Supervisor. This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to drug testing in accordance with city policy.
Essential Duties Performed
- Install and test network, system hardware and software;
- Provide maintenance pc work;
- Train end users, interact with end users to maximize the network and system utilization;
- Performs analysis and makes recommendations regarding server and network related equipment and software;
- Implements and supports the operating systems and tools used within all departments;
- Provides end users with documentation, procedures, and technical assistance;
- Daily backup and recovery as well as disaster recovery backup and restore procedures;
- Support users on Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook), and other city applications;
- Plans, analyzes, recommends, installs, and supports the City's central computer systems and network including but not limited to: servers, routers, switches, firewalls, data and voice communication lines, operating systems and other types of software;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, employees, and vendors;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Database design, development, and maintenance including front-end applications for city;
- Coordination of database/application changes and implementation with other departments;
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment;
- Conduct minor repairs of network equipment;
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
OTHER DUTIES PERFORMED
- Assists in training staff in the use of computer hardware and software;
- Represents the city at various conferences and meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Serves as a member of various employee teams.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Working knowledge of Computer Systems with at least two (2) years of experience;
- Prefer a candidate with some college course work in Computer Information Systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-|
- Considerable knowledge of modern electronic data processing theory, principles, and practices; considerable knowledge of management information systems;
- Considerable knowledge of office automation and computerized financial applications; Windows Operating Systems, Windows Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 365, and TCP/IP Routing.
- Considerable knowledge of local area networks (LAN);
- Ability to maintain efficient and effective automated systems;
- Ability to develop simple software programs;
- Ability to install and troubleshoot PC systems;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, city officials;
- Ability to communicate effective orally and in writing.