Closes On: December 10, 2021 at 04:30 PM EST
Job Status: Full-Time
Shift: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Days Worked: Sun., Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat.
Rate of Pay: $28,832.28 - $52,149.69
Status: Open until filled
Definition of Class
Performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled maintenance work, operates a variety of equipment as required in the operation, repair, and maintenance, of the Regional Landfill, and assist in other tasks including but not limited to assisting heavy mechanic and scale house operations. Works under the immediate supervision of a division leadworker and/or supervisor. This is a safety-sensitive position.
Essential Duties Performed
- Performs various construction, maintenance, inspection and repair tasks associated with the Landfill operations;
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to supervisor; cleans equipment; Performs grounds maintenance duties including mowing, trimming, landscaping, etc.;
- Mows and maintains grass and vegetation on capped landfill cells;
- Collects litter around Landfill facility and cleans in and around buildings;
- Operates and performs general maintenance on light motorized equipment such as pickup trucks, mowers, weed trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, etc.;
- Installs and maintains litter fencing;
- Cleans and maintains customer convenience center(s) utilized for the collection of solid waste and/or recyclable materials;
- Cuts, fits, lays, repairs, cleans and flushes pipes and components for systems associated with storm water surface drainage, leachate collection, landfill gas collection, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, and or water systems;
- Places crushed stone, asphalt, concrete and other construction materials in the construction, maintenance and repair of various infrastructure systems;
- Fabricates, installs and maintains traffic control signs, etc.;
- Maintains and repairs buildings and other structures;
- Clears snow and other obstructions and/or debris from access roads, scales, sidewalks, etc.;
- Assists with seeding and sowing areas of the landfill facility.
- Operates and maintains air curtain destructor;
- Maintains assigned areas for accumulation of waste and recyclable materials and transports and/or arranges for transport of materials to appropriate areas / facilities (onsite or offsite);
- Assists mechanic in his/her duties as needed.
- Washes interior and exterior of assigned equipment.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards;
- Works overtime as required;
- Subject to call-in for specified emergencies;
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time, even under inclement weather conditions.
OTHER DUTIES PERFORMED
- Performs the duties of Landfill Scale Operator;
- Operates heavy equipment.
- Performs other duties as required;