Midland Shopping Center is located on the original site of this home, which was a local landmark for many years. Built with slave labor before the Civil War, it was a showplace of this area and was noted for its social events. During the war, Union soldiers made their headquarters on the first floor of the house while its owner was serving with the Confederate Army as a doctor. Built by Captain WY.C. Hannum and named Cedar Circle, it was razed in 1952. Photo provided by H.H. Stinett.