Pay Your Utility Bill
City of Alcoa utility customers have recently raised questions and concerns regarding Doxo, an online payment service that helps consumers manage all their various utility accounts in one place for the purpose of streamlining bill payments. Doxo uses the utility’s name/logo without the utility’s permission. When using the Doxo website, it appears customers are paying the utility, when payment in fact goes to Doxo. Doxo then forwards the payment to the utility, which can be delayed – resulting in late payments to the customer’s account and a possible disconnection of service.
The City of Alcoa is not affiliated with DOXO and, having no connection with DOXO, cannot track or obtain any information about transactions made through them. If not mailing their payment or paying in person at the City of Alcoa Municipal building, the only online payment option the City of Alcoa endorses is the one available on the City of Alcoa website, www.cityofalcoa-tn.gov.
Utility Billing Information
- Utility bills are issued monthly, and are due on or before the due date.
- Failure to receive a utility bill will not release customer from payment obligation.
- If the due date falls on a weekend or a holiday in which the City of Alcoa is closed, payment will be accepted the next working day with no penalty or late fee.
- If the utility bill is not paid by the due date, a 5% penalty will be applied to the net amount.
- If the utility bill has not been paid 10 days after the due date, a $25 late fee will be added and service(s) may be disconnected.
At this time, if you have multiple accounts, this system will not link them for a single payment. We have made a request to the vendor to see if this feature can be added. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Welcome to our new Online Utility Bill Payment System. Please read the following disclaimer:
If you do not receive a confirmation, do not attempt to make another payment before speaking with a representative from our office. Please note that some banks will hold funds for a period up to 10 days if you attempt to make duplicate payments.
The City of Alcoa reserves the right to discontinue this service to anyone who does not follow the terms and conditions of this website or attempts to make a payment with a check and the check is returned due to insufficient funds. By utilizing our online utility bill payment system, you agree to the terms and conditions of this website and this disclaimer. Payments made each day by midnight Eastern Time will be received by the City of Alcoa the following business day. Please do not use this system if you need immediate credit.
If this is your first time using this new online system:
- You may use the login and password printed on your utility bill. If you do not have that information you can create a login and password using your account number and the name the account in listed under.
- Once you have read and accepted the following disclaimer, you may proceed to the Online Payment Site. Please note that by entering the payment site, you will be redirected to SEDC’s secure payment site for processing.
- Payments made after midnight "will not" be received by the utility company until the next business day.
- Do not pay using this system if your service is scheduled to be disconnected or you need immediate credit.
- Partial payments made on delinquent accounts may result in disconnection of service.
- Penalty or Late fees added may not be reflected in the balance shown.
Pay By PowerPal App
If you have a smart phone you can download the PowerPal app, enter your account information, and pay your utility bill through the PowerPal app.
Pay By Phone
- The utility billing phone number is 865-380-4890, Option No. 2. There may be a different option number after work hours.
- Payments made after 3 p.m. Eastern Time will not be received until 3 p.m. Eastern Time the next business day.
- Please do not use this system if you need immediate credit.
- Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted.
Pay By Mail
Mail your payment to:
City of Alcoa
P.O. Box 9610
Alcoa, TN 37701
(Check or Money Orders Only)
Payment drop box is located at the following location:
- Municipal Building Parking Lot
223 Associates Boulevard
Alcoa, TN 37701
Sign up for bank draft service at the City of Alcoa Municipal Building.